Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Temples and trinkets.

Ok, so these are pictures of Dian Chi mountain in Kunming. There are tons of temples, but the exciting part of the temples is that they are carved into the side of the mountain by a guy like hundreds and hundreds of years ago. Anyways, he got pissed when he broke the pen of one of the Gods he was carving out of stone and jumped off the edge. I guess he thought it was bad luck. Pretty much we were climbing up stairs that were carved on cliffs.....very steep cliffs.







I don't know if you can zoom in and read this but its the longer story of the guy who carved the mountain. Pretty badass if you ask me.



Michelle is getting crazy with the tree.

I was trying to hang over the edge, but for some reason I didn't trust the thousand year old railing carved out of stone by a guy who would jump off the edge cuz he broke a statue. Call me crazy.





0 comments: