Thursday, October 7, 2010

I left my pants in New Delhi

This first pic is for the people at work! If you ever see some bad wiring, just remember this.....we have it really good! This is my wonderful friend Barbara (say it with a french accent) from France. We are on our very delayed train from Delhi to Agra.


This is a shot from the train. We passed by some really poor areas and then a couple mansions and then a lot of farmland.


This is the deserted Paharganj street. Normally its a bustling insane street, but we were on our way to the train station at 5 a.m. and the party was over. They night before it was a chaotic mess, but fun!!! Good energy here. In delhi they really stopped a lot of the annoying touts and beggers because of the games. Word has it they removed about 60,ooo beggars from the city! Delhi also had a holiday during the games so that people would go elsewhere and make more room. I wonder if I got an accurate impression of delhi, but I liked it....I don't care what anyone says.



Waiting for our train in Delhi station.




Agra fort.





Agra fort. It was amazing! So immense and big! It was really great compared to the tiny red fort in Delhi.





Agra fort

Agra fort.








View of the Taj Mahal from Agra fort.

Crazy monkeys everywhere!









Entrace gate to the Taj Mahal. Kinda got out of order here.







Agra fort. The fort is a combination of the red sandstone and beautiful white marble. I liked these archways because age had made them this beautiful golden brown color.



Agra fort.
Ahhhh, the first view of the Taj Mahal!!!


Its hard to look this good when you travel, but somehow I pull it off!!!! Haha, its very hot and humid here in Agra.

One of the turrets at the Taj. They are leaned at a slight angle away from the main building so that if anything happens and they fall it won't damage the Taj. Note the women in their beautiful Sari's!!!

looks like a cartoon huh? I assure you its real! It looked kind of like a mirage in the desert even in real life.
There is script inscribed all over the building, but in an artistic beautiful way. Really an amazing building!

The sun was starging to set, shedding some lovely light on the white marble.
See the lovely reflection in the pond!


Outside the Taj mahal there were lots of camel and horse carriages and people selling junk.



I snuck this picture at the Delhi railway station. This lady had the cutest face.
So the rest of these pictures are just random people pictures. Most are from the Taj Mahal which was a people picture taking frenzy. People wanted pictures with us constantly but we took our fair share of them so it all balanced out! I just love the beautiful colorful clothing here! The women really like to do it up!!!
These school boys ran up to us and WANTED us to take their pictures!!! They were so funy and excited!
While we were waiting at security for the dangerous teddy bear to be stowed away this group of about 15 women also WANTED us to take their pictures and they were so excited to look at it afterwards....it was like they had never seen themselves or something!








3 comments:

Sabrina Shuman said...

Wow Becky!!! You are SO lucky to be on this trip. I am truly jealous now. The Taj Mahal is BEAUTIFUL and the women's clothes are really great. I like the lady in the red outfit (Sari), I want to wear one, lol. I was sad though when I saw the poor neighborhood :( ... I can't wait to see your next post!! Continue having fun and be careful!

Heather said...

Very nice entry!!! Im glad you found a good friend! Taj looks amazing. Agra looks nicer than New Delhi.. is that true? Where is your sweet sari?

Heather said...

PS. What about your pants?...