Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Democratic Repulic of Communist Laos

This is my puke from the horrible bus ride from Vientiane to Luang Prabang. Nice of me to share right? I know.












Same crazy bus ride. Oopsy



This is the position I sat in for 12 hours trying not to puke, then puking, then feeling much better so that I could enjoy the scenery.

Restaurant on the Mekong in lovely Luang Prabang

What wat is it? They all start to look the same.






Yes, i'm going to ride this elephant....poor guy. They seemed really well treated, but how do you really know? We fed them sugar cane.


Fun friends I met en route. They were all on the same pukey bus as me.


Bamboo bridge across the Mekong






The most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen! Its in Luang Prabang and I went twice. First time by bus and then with my friends on their motorcycles, which was waaaaay better. Don't want to take anymore buses for a while.

I really tried to keep these in order this time and it still didn't work. SOrry.



Night food market in Luang Prabang.....buffet style. You could get an entire plate of low quality food for just over $1 This is what 10,000 Kip will buy for supper :) yummy







My favorite travel buddies so far!!! Love you guys,






My fanciest dorm yet.


Fresh mango on a stick. Life doesn't get much better than that.....unless its fresh pineapple, coconut or strawberries.

One of my favorite Lao meals.




Yummy food stall on the street.

0 comments: