Saturday, January 21, 2012

♪♪♪ Three Nights in Bangkok ♪♪♪


Well, its been only a week but feels like i've already been here for a month. Spent three days in Bangkok having a good time at some temples and riding a boat down the river to the floating markets, which were actually over by the time we got there so I don't have any pictures. The boat ride was fun though.



Below is where the floating markets normally are and maybe you can see the floodline where that water was earlier this year. They seem to have recovered well. All these houses line the river.

Thats another boat that looks exactly like the one we were on.
Street market with all kinds of interesting food.
Another temple with a bright filter on. I'm not really that red until later at the beach.


This is the grand palace in Bangkok. Its very glittery and bling bling.




This is Koh Chang Island in the gulf of Thailand. It was such a beautiful place and lots of fun things to do, like ride scooters and watch your canadian friends crash, but not even get hurt!!!


Beach front restaurant...

Grand palace because these are out of order.....
This was our bungalow on the beach. It had one bed, a toilet and a shower and a fan. Nothing less, nothing more. It was cheap and simple. In front is our pimp scooter that we rode for a day around the island, which is left hand lanes so it was a bit confusing at times.
This was our boat tour of some smaller islands to the south of Koh Chang and we got to snorkel and jump off the top level. I lost my snorkelling gear and a cute Thai boy had to dive about 20 ft down to get it for me, but it was no problem for him. Saved me a chunk of change.

Fishing boat in the gulf...



































































This is a gas station. They are selling gas by the liter in coke bottles. We had to stop and fill up at one of these on our scooter ride and it was quite convenient. This one is actually in Cambodia.














This is a random temple in Siem Reap, Cambodia.















Breakfast in Siem Reap...















Dinner....














These shrines are ALL over the place in Thailand AND Cambodia. This was at a bus stop.


















Thus far I have had so much fun. I've been spending my time with a great dutch girl. She is wonderful and makes my trip so much fun! Its a great place to travel.

Coming soon....ANGKOR WAT!!!!

3 comments:

Mateo said...

Wow, thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures of a beautiful place! Be safe! :)

Michele said...

Wow, your pictures are amazing! Can't wait to see more!!!

Heather said...

YEah! A post! Looks really great there! I do want to hear more about he food though... as usual. Very curious. Remember to bring us back some recipes.. thats the best gift! I heard about Ankor Wat and I am very jealous. How did it feel to walk around the ruins in the jungle? Well, I guess you were riding your bike. I love you and be careful! Roma says hi beck!